Requires Perl 5.x available on system path.
- Open the terminal window (on Windows OS, cmd.exe).
- Set your path and library path environment variables as needed to include bin/, test/, lib/. TODO: reference a common set of instructions for setting PATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH, DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH. For example:
# Linux (DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on Mac) export PATH=/apps/dakota/6.4/bin:/apps/dakota/6.4/test:$PATH export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/apps/dakota/6.4/bin:/apps/dakota/6.4/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH # Windows set PATH=C:\dakota\6.4\bin;C:\dakota\6.4\test;C:\dakota\6.4\lib;%PATH%
- Change directory to the test/ directory in the Dakota install directory. (cd /apps/dakota/6.4/test).
- Run a fast (FastTest) or slower, but portable (AcceptanceTest) set of tests. AcceptanceTests have been vetted to pass on all supported platforms/configurations. The full set of tests active in a build should PASS or DIFF.
# Unix cd /apps/dakota/6.4/test # minimal set of fast-running tests that should NOT FAIL (may DIFF, depending on platform / compiler) dakota_test.perl --label-regex=FastTest # test suite that should PASS on any supported platform (NO DIFF or FAIL) dakota_test.perl --label-regex=AcceptanceTest # run all Dakota tests active in this build (should PASS or DIFF) dakota_test.perl --label-regex=dakota_ # Windows cd C:\dakota\6.4\test # minimal set of fast-running tests that should NOT FAIL (expect many DIFF due to MSVC / ifort) perl.exe dakota_test.perl --label-regex=FastTest # test suite that should PASS even on Windows perl.exe dakota_test.perl --label-regex=AcceptanceTest # run all Dakota tests active in this build (should PASS or DIFF) perl.exe dakota_test.perl --label-regex=dakota_
- Examine the generated difference file(s) dakota_diffs.out. A successful build should include PASS and DIFF, with associated small numerical differences. If these files contain DIFF with large abberations, or FAIL, there may be an issue with the build.
- For Dakota distributions with MPI support, running on platforms with MPI support, you can repeat the above tests with the --parallel option and examine dakota_pdiffs.out.