Installing Binary Distribution
If you wish to run Dakota on one of the supported or partially supported platforms, we suggest that you download the relevant binary executable distribution rather than the source code distribution. This gets you up and running quickly and lets you gain an understanding of Dakota by running the example problems that are provided with the binary distributions. Note that our Linux binaries are built on a Red Hat Enterprise 6 system, and likely will not work on other Linux distributions.
- Get the Dakota binary installation for your platform.
- Install Dakota (see link below for your platform).
Compiling from Source Code
For more experienced users, Dakota can be built from the source code. Download the source code distribution if:
- You want to customize Dakota with additional packages
- You are installing to a platform not listed in the binary executable distribution list
- You have previously licensed DOT, NPSOL, and/or NLPQL and want to to add these packages to the Dakota build.
- Get the Dakota source code.
- Build Dakota (see link below):