Install Windows Executable
- Extract archive file into suitable install location, e.g. C:\Dakota using the Windows extract utility
- In Windows Explorer window, highight Dakota.<release>.<platform>.zip file.
- Right click and select "Extract All"
- Select a destination, e.g. C:\Dakota, and click the Extract button. In the instructions below, %dest_dir% refers to this destination directory.
- Rename the extracted Dakota executable directory folder:
- Right click the dakota-<release>.<platform> file, and select 'Rename'.
- Rename file to 'Dakota'. In the instructions below, %install_dir% refers to the path to this new directory, %dest_dir%\Dakota.
- Set up your platform environment to access the Dakota executable, libraries, and tests.