The Dakota team provides extensive documentation in the form of manuals and videos.
- User's Manual — The most comprehensive manual, containing overall information on Dakota, including its purpose and capabilities, a tutorial, interfacing guide, examples, and more.
- Reference Manual — A detailed input specification guide organized in the same hierarchical format as the Dakota input file
- Theory Manual — This manual accompanies the Users' Manual and provides more mathematical detail and deeper discussion of Dakota methods.
- Developer's Manual — Dakota design principles, services, best practices for team members, and development resources.
- Dakota GUI User Manual — A manual for the Dakota GUI, which doubles as a step-by-step tutorial to help users get studies up and running in the GUI.
- Screencasts — Watch tutorial videos for Dakota on YouTube. These videos are of varying complexity, ranging from simple introductory examples to more sophisticated topics.
Other formats (html archive, pdf) and manuals for previous versions of Dakota are also available.