The Dakota team provides extensive documentation in the form of four manuals.
- User's Manual — The most comprehensive manual, containing overall information on Dakota, including its purpose and capabilities, a tutorial, interfacing guide, examples, and more.
- Reference Manual — A detailed input specification guide organized in the same hierarchical format as the Dakota input file
- Theory Manual — This manual accompanies the Users' Manual and provides more mathematical detail and deeper discussion of Dakota methods.
- Developer's Manual — Dakota design principles, services, best practices for team members, and development resources.
- Dakota GUI User Manual — A manual for the Dakota GUI, which doubles as a step-by-step tutorial to help users get studies up and running in the GUI.
Other formats (html archive, pdf) and manuals for previous versions of Dakota also are available.