Our open source software benefits greatly from the contributions of its user community.
Ways to contribute include:
- Participate in Dakota’s GitHub Discussions by asking and answering questions, reporting bugs, suggesting new features, or sharing ways you’ve used Dakota in your work.
- Properly cite Dakota when you use it in your work.
- Port Dakota to another platform or operating system and share the configuration extensions or build instructions.
- Add a capability such as a new iterative algorithm, surrogate model, or interface; this extension typically involves a class derivation along with the definition of a few virtual functions. It’s best to consult with us early in the planning stage before embarking on changes of this nature.
- Resolve a bug you’ve observed or has been discussed on GitHub Discussions.