Our open source software benefits greatly from the contributions of its user community.
Ways that you can contribute include:
- Use the code and offer feedback. We welcome constructive suggestions.
- Port Dakota to another platform or operating system and share the configuration extensions.
- Add a capability such as a new iterative algorithm, surrogate model, or interface; this extension typically involves a class derivation along with the definition of a few virtual functions (refer to the Developer's Manual for information on class hierarchies and the structure provided by their base classes).
- Resolve a bug you've observed or has been discussed on the dakota-users mailing list.
- Dakota's issue tracking system is not publicly accessible at this time.
- If you wish to submit a patch or larger changeset, please discuss on the dakota-users mailing list.
- A Dakota development team member will ask you to submit the changes via email or (if large enough) our file transfer system.